Posted by : Deborah Takahashi Thursday, September 23, 2010

Sommers, S. (Director). (n.d.). G.I. Joe: Rise of the of Cobra [Motion picture on DVD]. USA: Paramount.

Growing up in the 80's, I was never a huge fan of G.I. Joe. Actually, I was too much of a girl so I spend most of my time with Cabbage Patch and  My Little Pony. As an adult, and watching this movie, all I can really say is...awesome! This movie is perfect for any 'tween boy looking for some great action and awesome gadgets. With today's technology, Stuart Beattie and David Elliott literally brought G.I. Joe to life with a bang!
In this movie, Col. Duke inadvertently becomes involved in a heist of nuclear weapons that literally destroy anything in its sight. Little does he know, this plan was concocted by a man whose ancestor sold weapons to warring countries and has decided to take finally take his revenge by setting elaborate warheads free all over the world. With this knowledge, an elite team of soldiers called "G.I. Joe" are on the case to find out who stole these weapons and what they are to be used for. With old favorites like Dr. Mindbender, Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, Heavy, and Cobra Commander, several stories are brought to life, including the fact that Col. Duke's ex-fiance, the Baroness (aka. Anna), is the one leading the hijacking of the nuclear weapons.

Although this movie didn't get the greatest reviews, I give it a thumbs up because the fighting, blowing up of things, and the all the gear, make this movie pretty cool. This movie is definitely face-paced, loud, and full of twists and turns, 'tween boys will definitely get a kick out of this classic cartoon. Who knows, maybe boys will start watching the 80's animation and pick-up their G.I. Joe figurines again. :D

Genre: Action, Adventure, Military Drama
Rating: PG-13

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Adult Books for Teens

For All Ages

Search This Blog

About Me

My Photo
Deborah Takahashi
Pasadena, CA, United States
My name is Deb and I am a Librarian who absolutely loves to read and recommend books to teen and tween readers. In this blog, you will find reviews on a variety resources ranging from books, movies, video games, and much more. Please feel free to leave any feedback, especially book recommendations!
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © Kazumi Reads -Black Rock Shooter- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan